If you’ve missed any earlier segments catch up with links to our routes and travel highlights here:
- Part 1 looped us from Ohio to Maine and back to Ohio.
- Part 2 carried us across the country from Ohio to Montana and to our adventures in and around Glacier National Park.
- Part 3 circled the Olympic Peninsula in and around Olympic National Park.
- Part 4 took us to Crater Lake National Park in Oregon and Redwood National and State Parks in California
- Part 5 traversed us through California including Napa Valley, Yosemite, King’s Canyon and Sequoia National Parks
- Part 6 brought us through the Southwest as we explored Joshua Tree National Park, Sedona, The Apache Trail outside of Phoenix, Tombstone and Bisbee.
- Part 7 introduced us to the enormous size and beauty of Texas…from Big Bend National Park to San Antonio, Austin and the Gulf Coast.
- Part 8 swung us through Sweet Home Aaaalabaaaama…
- Part 9 reconnected us with family and friends in Florida including Fort Lauderdale, Everglades National Park, Sanibel Island and St. Augustine.
- Part 10 backtracked us through the south with stops at Louisiana’s old plantations, New Orleans, and MORE fun in San Antonio with good friends.
- Part 11 opened our eyes to the history and beauty in the landscape of New Mexico including Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands National Monument, Chaco Canyon and Bandelier National Monument.
- Part 12 stunned us with an array of colors throughout Colorful Colorado including Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Royal Gorge, Castle Rock, Horsetooth Reservoir, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park and The Stanley Hotel.
- Part 13 included some of the most stunning scenery and wildlife in America at Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone National Park.
- Part 14 took us through North Dakota and Minnesota including Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Voyageurs National Park.
Next up…Michigan’s Upper Peninsula!
July 5 – July 19, 2016
Our northern tour continued from North Dakota and Minnesota to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and hopped along the coast of Lake Superior. We spent several days in the Porcupine Mountains, collected driftwood along the shores of Lake Superior, hiked Sugarloaf Mountain in Marquette (with amazing panoramic views) and continued east to St. Ignace where we made day trips to the Soo Locks, Mackinac Island and prepared to cross the Mackinac Bridge. Being Michiganders we’ve certainly driven across the bridge before, but never with an extremely tall and long travel trailer behind us, so we timed the winds just right to make sure we didn’t blow over the edge 🙂
Our driving route through Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is below…stay tuned for pictures and highlights of the Porcupine Mountains, Houghton, and Mackinac Island!
Tips: Zoom in and out on the map, and move the map around to get a better look at the route. Or click “View Larger Map” below to get an even better view.